Serenity Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important: change!

+2
Uthixo Lightfort
Atielnai
6 posters

Go down

Important: change! Empty Important: change!

Post  Atielnai Sat May 24, 2008 7:22 am

Rank 1: Councillor
He is a previous GM and has power to do anything he wants, but does NOT have responsibility to do so. He CAN demote an active GM if he finds that he is unfitting. This is, for retired GMs who don´t wish to have more responsibilities and are tired of being in charge. Only 1 Councillor will have R1.

Rank 2: Councillor
Same as above, so that more people can be Councillors.

Rank 3: Highlord
Acting GM.

Rank 4: Commander
Officer-rank. Rules the Guild when Highlord is away, and has power to kick, demote, promote and has unlimited access to the bank.

Rank 5: Centurion
Minor officers. Has limited power in the guild. Limited access to the bank. Can speak in Officer-chat.

Rank 6: Holy Guard
Elite-Member. A very good and dedicated member who is good at RPing, is nice and contributing, and active on website.

Rank 7: Member
A simple member. Accepted in the guild and is considered a fair member, attending to events and RPing.

Rank 8: Initiate
Initiating member. Trial-member. Can get kicked immediately without warning by a Commander or higher Officer if found to be a bad member.

Rank 9: Repentant
Punishment-rank. Cannot do anything at all.
Atielnai
Atielnai
Developer
Developer

https://lightswornlegion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Important: change! Empty Goodbye for now!

Post  Uthixo Lightfort Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:57 am

I'll get straight to it. I'm going to disband this guild. The reasons I have to do this, are:

1: I have no urge at all to play WoW, I'm simply bored.

2: It's summer, and I can't play a lot.

3: It wasn't going too well either. I feel that I am dragging you down, when you could have gone to the larger guilds, and raided, gotten items and made more friends.

So I can't be the GM, because I can't play. And as far as I see, no one else qualifies as of now for GM.

But don't worry! This is NOT the end Smile

As soon as I find the time and urge to do it, I will start a NEW guild! It will be much the same, but with some small variations in focus PvP-PvE-RP-wise. I'm going to have it all planned completely out before I start it, though, so I don't start out bad. I have wanted to start anew for a long time now, and I am going to.

If you want to join this new guild, you are more than welcome to do so. I would love to have you in the new guild. I'm going to start the new guild right away, and make Hatos Highlord, and I'll be a Councillor.

The new guild's name will be:

Light's Stronghold

You'll see a crude version of the concept in the download below. It isn't the complete and detailed concept, but it'll give you an idea of how we'll be. It's much the same, but it will be better planned. I'm going to add some things in time, but this is what we have for now.

I hope to see you soon! Contact me whenever I get online or via forums if you want to join the new guild!

Uthixo Lightfort
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Important: change! Empty The concept.

Post  Hatos Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:21 am

Please take some time to read this trough.

General information.

Focus: RP, with PvE and PvP supporting the RP.
HQ: Westbrook Garrison (Elwynn Forest)
Current Guildmaster: Highlord Hatos (?)
Current Officers:
- Councillor Elumni
- Councillor Uthixo
- Commander Limdul (?)
- Commander (open spot)
- Centurion Keranos
- Centurion Redarin
- Centurion Fathos
- Centurion (open spot)

The rank system.

Important: change! Ranks10

Holy Guard:
A very good and dedicated member who is good at RPing, is nice and contributing, and active on website.
May be assigned on special RP missions by a higher officer.

Legionnaire:
A simple member. Accepted in the guild and is considered a fair member, attending to events and RPing.

Trainee:
Initiating member. Trial-member. Can get kicked immediately without warning by a Commander or higher officer if found to be a bad member.

Repentant
Punishment-rank. Cannot do anything at all.

The routines.

Weekly meetings/events:
- Weekly promotion/meeting event at Cathedral (SW) / WBG – Saturday 19:00 Server time.
- Weekly RPPvE / RPPvP event – Sunday (time varies).

*As you can see I suggest to combine meetings / promotions together.

Promotion:
- To qualify for a promotion to Legionnaire, you must have applied within 1 week.
- To qualify for a promotion to Holy Guard, you must have been a member for some time and prove yourself dedicated, skilled (RP-wise) and active.
- To qualify for an officer promotion, there must be a position available and you must be an outstanding member, officers will be chosen by the Guild Council (Councillors, Highlord and Commanders)
- Promotions will only be handed out if you qualify and if you are present at a weekly promotion event at the Cathedral in SW.

Punishment:
- If a trainee has not applied within 7 days, he will get kicked (under normal circumstances, pc troubles and other issues may prevent this).
- If you are inactive for 7 days without notice, you will get demoted. Feel free to whisper me to a re-promotion to your former rank (if not limited to spots, such as Commander etc…)
NOTE: If this gets out of hand I'll consider kicking, so please noticeus if you're going away.

Rules:
- All Blizzard policies ( in particular the RP policy ) apply. For info go to the Blizzard website.
- You will be polite, friendly and helpful whenever possible. Do not be rude to people, and do not offend people if you can avoid it. NOTE: This does not mean that you are forced to give gold to any random goldbegger who asks you for it, this rule should be followed according to your own personality.
- You will act IC (In-character) in /s and /y. /g, /w and /p are considered OOC (Out-of-character) for the Legion! Take note that some guilds treat those as IC as well. Be careful with lore.If you don't know lore, don't talk about lore.
- You will obey your officers (Centurions, Commanders, Highlord and Councillors) always. Their word is law.
- If you are unable to play WoW for some time, please post so in "The away thread".
- If you don't, and do not log on within 7 days => Demotion
- You will always have your PvP-flag enabled. One time violation earns you a warning. Several times will lead to a demotion.
- If you ninja-loot, it will result in an instant kicking.
- You will not invite anyone with a name which violates Blizzard RP-naming-policies.
- Ruining meetings usually leads to a demotion to Repentant. Kicking if it's done several times without reason.
- Ruining RP / Acting OOC usually leads to a warning/demotion/kick (depending on your past dedication).
- Spamming gchat with crap, repeatedly offending people and robbing the guild bank will lead to a kick and a nice little report to a GM.
- YELLING in gchat (and IC) where unneeded, destroying the atmosphere and other attempts to tear the guild apart will only lead to trouble.
- Don't come to an officer complaining about punishment. It's not for you to decide what you deserve or not. If you truly think you were treated unfair, send a Higher Officer than the one who punished you an in-game mail providing your part of the story.
- Anti-RP'ers should be reported to a GM. Refrain from insulting them, yelling at them or otherwise act unrespectful to them. Not because I care about them, because I care about you and you have a good chance of getting some punishment by a GM as well as the Anti-RP'er.
- If you are ever ganked/attacked/killed by a Horde member of "The silver Leaf". Report it to an officer or Eladriel. Do tell the whole story.
- If you are ever caught attacking a member of given guild, you will get demoted or kicked.

How we will strive for RP-PvE-PvP progress.

Easier grouping:

Pretty obvious, I think. We need members from lvls of different variety and willing members, to say the least. Instancing-days, boost-requests on website, and the like. I want to put some focus on this part.

Easier questing/lvling:

Pretty obvious too. We'll be ready to boost and help our members with donations and gifts. We'll group together and make sure you have someone to quest with if doing quests. The bank also should be more accessible and open for item-grabbing.

Active RP:

I've come up with an idea, where we'll handle an "episode", like our events with Thordor, where we will handle a serious issue. It'll be presented at each meeting on Saturday. That'll be in addition to our regular events, the meetings on Saturdays, and our biggies on Sundays. Also, I want us to have a feud with the Scarlet Crusade. So we can have events connected with them. This can be a part of what makes us special. Our religion is the Light, but we won't ignore other deities. Our view on the Horde is peaceful, but we will fiercely defend our lands from attacks.

Active PvE:

I first want to put together a heroic team, which will be my first ambition in order to reach Karazhan. For the lower lvls, it'll be harder, but I think we'll work something out. When we have put together a heroic-team, we can start gearing up, and by this time we have likely got some more lvl 70s, so we can keep at it. Maybe even multiple teams.

Varied PvP:

I want to focus more on PvP. We'll be doing premades as soon as possible, not on special times, but hopefully someone will take the initiative to get a premade together. We'll have to show them first.^^

I want to get some stuff up and going with House Serpentcrest. I hope we'll have some tournaments. Also, I am going to see if any arenas are possible for our members. Take me (Hatos) and Methran, past BG-companions. I think it'll work.
Hatos
Hatos
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Important: change! Empty Re: Important: change!

Post  Fathos Morales Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:14 pm

It's probably a good idea making a new and smaller guild, (Im Sorry! Need to talk with you)
Sad

Last edited by Morales on Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Fathos Morales
Fathos Morales

Back to top Go down

Post  Uthixo Lightfort Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:28 pm

I'm not making a big deal of this, because it's a game, and I don't blame you for not joining.

Honestly, am I a bastard for doing this?

I am tired of WoW, and I need a break. And I feel, as I have experienced, that the guild will fall apart if I take a break. I want to make a new guild, with a much harder core, which will be able to endure and handle itself well. The Lightsworn Legion's concept was good, but it was badly planned. I want to change this. Hatos supports me.

And, Fathos. Don't call me a bastard for doing this. I refuse to make any kind of conflict through a game. I want only to have fun. I feel that I'm not doing something I'll regret. And, please. I've put a lot of effort in TLL, I've come up with ideas for events, I've arranged RP-PvE-PvP-events for you all, I have done what I can to make you have fun. I have donated half of my gold for this guild. I think it's unfair to be called a bastard for wanting to start anew. The remark stung me. Please, do what you want to do, but don't call me a bastard.

Uthixo Lightfort
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferallis Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:30 am

I think that this is a pretty good idea myself tbh Smile
Ferallis
Ferallis

Back to top Go down

Post  Uthixo Lightfort Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:31 am

Thank you, Feraliss. I needed that. Smile

Uthixo Lightfort
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Fathos Morales Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:12 am

Uth, When are you going to logg in again? I need to talk with you... Words
Fathos Morales
Fathos Morales

Back to top Go down

Post  Uthixo Lightfort Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:42 am

Right o. I'll be on today Smile

Uthixo Lightfort
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Important: change! Empty When fun becomes burden

Post  Njorun Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:00 am

Hi Uthixo and everybody else.

Seems I've missed some big news huh! I've been working a lot lately...
So a new guild... I haven't really been in TLL long enough to get a good feeling for what's working and what isn't, but the idea of starting new is not always a bad one. It depends on the situation of course.
I do belive though that it was a "less good" idea to disband the guild without talking to us members first (if that is indeed what you have done) and I hope I will get some light shed on this when I log in.

I would like to join the ranks of your new guild, BUT and this is VERY IMPORTANT... I just want to make perfectly clear what this is about for me.
I have a tough job and lot's of other obligations irl that are musts of far greater importance than WoW. WoW is where I go to get away from those obligations. To call someone who has done far more for the guild than anyone else when it comes to planning and upholding the meetings and rutines a bastard is REALLY NOT OK in my book.

And with that said I'm going to log in... see you soon!
Njorun
Njorun

Back to top Go down

Post  Uthixo Lightfort Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:42 am

Don't worry, me and Fathos are over it I think. I am atleast Smile

And yes, I did take that decision without talking with the members, but I don't want to lead a guild I don't feel goes well, and has kinda lost focus in certain matters. My officers supports me. So, I'm giving you all a chance to join a new guild with renewed focuses with same same basic concept, rather than having them experiencing me leaving and leaving you all alone in a blink of an eye or suddenly experiencing a change in focus, many won't be prepared for that.

C'mon, I think I'm doing the right thing Smile

Last edited by Uthixo Lightfort on Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Uthixo Lightfort
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Important: change! Empty New guild...

Post  Njorun Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:25 am

Good good.

When it comes to words in WoW and any other written language they are quite easy to "Slip out" and or be misunderstood. After all, most of our language goes through the body so it's no wonder really.

When the GLF (Gnomes Liberation Front) disolved we heard it from the guildleader before it actually happened. It is good that you as well gave us a chanse to get used to the idea - no matter what we think about it. As I said before I don't really have an opinoin in this particular case, but I would like to become meber of the new guild and continue with the heroic group.

/ Njorun.
Njorun
Njorun

Back to top Go down

Post  Uthixo Lightfort Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:47 am

Glad to hear that Very Happy:D

Uthixo Lightfort
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Fathos Morales Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:28 pm

huuug! cheers
Fathos Morales
Fathos Morales

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down