Serenity Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Herzer's shady past (Rp story 1)

Go down

Herzer's shady past (Rp story 1) Empty Herzer's shady past (Rp story 1)

Post  Herzer Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:14 pm

Ok, my Rp-story is written as if you have just picked up a book. Its switches being perspectives i.e. 1st – 3rd person in different chapters. This is my 1st attempt at an Rp-story please expect a little bit of confusion and such-not, thanks.

Chapter one: "Get up you lazy sack..."

"Herzer, come on man, get up you lazy sack of...." is how the turning of my life began. As I lay there in the sand with my eyes sealed. Afraid to view my surroundings as the waves snatched at my soles and the froth carried by the sea breeze from the crashing waters spat down upon my face. My nose twitched at the pungent smell of rotting fish and the distinct smell of smolding paper, and here I was, lying face-up in the sand, calling myself a lazy sack for being too much of a coward, to look upon the sight beside me and do something...Proactive.

Chapter two: "The Morales family."

The family sat down to a hard days earned dinner and prepared to bless the gods for what they had before them. They sat and prayed and began to eat shortly after, they muttered and laughed and generally looked as if this was pure happiness, to be in such a close hearted family, with loved ones beside one another. They toasted to a days well done and thanked each other for the time they have spent together today and prepared to set about for another days work, by closing the shutters and snuffing out the candles. A woman popped out the door of the nestled in house along the edge of the woods, which also lay along the outskirts’ of the mysterious city of magic, Dalaran. The woman shouted out towards the woods and from afar, a spec of red popped up along the borderline of trees. The spec grew larger and into a more human-like shape, finally to be a child. The little one, late as it was, ran towards the hut from the woods behind the house, meeting up with the woman to embrace her in hearty hug of gratitude and respect as she ushered him into the house...But she stopped...And so did the child and so did the sound of the city which now lay eerie on the hillside.

Chapter three: "The impact on humanity."

As history shows Dalaran was attacked by the dreaded scourge and the great Archimonde was summoned and which in turn, turned the city into a crumbled mess of ruble and waste. As modern day shows many of the houses outside the Dalaran bubble were destroyed by the demons which poured out of the portal. And one of these houses was indeed the house of the Morales family, which one day stood the family in frozen terror at the scene before their very eyes. The scene in which the great demon, came crashing down upon the very structures of Dalaran and his minion’s wreaked havoc on those barley alive. The family watched as the undead scraped at the walls of Dalaran and crawled over the peaks of the barriers in order to obey there masters will.
The family standing still, across the valley watched as the monumental towers toppled and came crashing down upon the land and only when the sound of them falling reached them did they take action.
The mother to slow and weak ran with her baby child and the rest of her family for their dire life, though the woods and into the darkness…
The next day, the child who had been in the forest the previous night came staggering out from behind the trees covered in the blood of his own family and hugging onto the severed and bloody hand of that of a woman in which a glittering ring could be spotted from across the valley lay still around the finger.

Chapter four: “On the back of a wagon.”

The child frightened, depressed, lonely and tired scrambled with all that was in him towards his house only to discover it had been brutally destroyed in the onslaught of the surrounding land of Dalaran. The flames crackled before the child’s eyes and the heat dried any tears that were on his face and his eye’s stopped swelling with the water that showed his emotions to the rest of the world. His house lay waste, along with the land, was black and scorched and fires spread across the landscape beyond, and then the boy curled into a ball and tried to weep in misery. Later on, that same day the boy awoke and heard the inhuman snarling of creatures from behind as they trotted towards him curiously. The boy leapt up and ran away from his home, away from his childhood and away from his once upon a time life as he crossed the open fields and though woods in which the boy not yet entered before and stopped abruptly at a steep faced hill. He turned around, the creatures were far behind him, but easily spotted due to there colour on the landscape and the boy in fright stepped backwards forgetting about the drop and fell though the air, smashing his head on the cobbled road directly below.
He awoke and discovered himself to be on the back of a wagon traveling towards an unknown land.

Chapter five: “The brief Life of Herzer Morales and the start of an adventure.”

Herzer Morales, now aged 24, lived among the people of Azeroth and the world, spending much of his time, with his master searching the lands for artifacts which would shred knowledge onto the lost memories of the world. Herzer had grown a not so pleasant life being a subject to bullying in school for being the odd one out in the pack, the child which showed no emotions or didn’t wish to join in with any of the childish activities of the playground. After his tutoring at school he went on to become his saviors apprentice, the man which had cared for him after that night so long ago in which he had foolishly stumbled off the cliff edge and landed in a mess on the road below. The man who had picked him up and put him in his wagon and not just of left him to be the problem for someone else. The man had paid for his tutoring at school and gave him shelter and accommodation and food and after Herzer’s14th birthday, Herzer become his apprentice and set sail around the seas looking for artifacts in which his master so much believed existed. Herzer discovered a love of books and researching in his days restlessly sailing the sea. With not much else to do, he liked nothing better than resting in his hammock and searching over old tomes for a decent discovery. His master weary and beginning to age looked on from the bow of the ship, most days glaring into the fading skyline looking for land in which great thing could happen…and one day a not so great thing did happen.

Chapter six: “A not so great ending.”

Herzer heard commotion on the outside of his cabin and rose in suspicion not knowing what awaited him. As he stood, the boat shook viscously and Herzer was thrown into the wall and screams could be heard from below deck. His fingers crept up towards his forehead and behind his hair he did feel the wetness of blood, and as he went to pull away a stray thought of that night long ago came forth into his conscience, which plagued his mind with the grief, which he had attempted so long ago to lock away. Herzer thus curled back into his ball from which he did on that past nighttime and began to weep in fear both at what was happening now and what had happened when the towers fell and flags lay waste in the ground, tattered and bloody.
“Herzer!” said a distant voice “Herzer, snap out of it boy get up here and see this fine sight!” Herzer recognized the voice and his eyes opened with ease and he looked upon the ageing face of his master. His master turned around and marched off though the cabin door, presumably towards main deck. Herzer fumbled up resting against the wall to gain his balance and followed suit. Herzer’s eyes rested on a stormy sea and a cloud ridden sky and thunder pounded up above his head after the lighting hit what seemed to be a dip in the ocean. Herzer’s master stood yet again on the bow and glared at something Herzer could not yet see in front of him, and he turned around and faced Herzer, grinning a strange yet different smile from his usual and pointed down in front of him and shrieked in a demonic cackle of pure delightment. Herzer could not resist the chance to see what had made his master so happy and glad fully made his way by his master’s side. Herzer’s smile was wiped off his face, only now did he realize that the crew onboard were shouting, screaming and releasing the wooden lifeboats from the side of the ship down into the raging ocean. Only now did Herzer look upon his master’s face and question his actions for what lay before the two of them and the crew, was a place no human should enter, a place where death comes to men, and a place that wreaked a taint that was evil and demonic. For the Maelstrom was before the ship and the waters were all too happy to accept a new morsel into the depths of darkness.
Herzer searched into his masters eyes and longed for his master to return to his senses but of which he didn’t and Herzer who valued his life more than that of a man once a honorable and wise man, but now deluded and corrupt with a unknown force from the brinks of god knows where, stood down from the bow and left to save what life he had left.

Chapter seven: “The seas shall swallow those unworthy.”

The master stood on the bow and looked into the depths of the maelstrom and grinned into the waters. His grin never leaving his face, even as the ship slowly began to sail around and around and continuous loop. His hair flying behind him as the howling wind struck at his front, and his eyes fixated on the central spot of the maelstrom, peering into his own watery grave. One foot now on the ships railings and the other still stuck to the bow, the ship starting to tip itself inwards, with the stern raising into the air and the bow slowly being devoured, by the chilly teeth of the sea…
Herzer watched this from afar in the safety of his lifeboat. He and the crew stared at the havoc which had just ended and they all sighed a sign of relief and kept rowing onwards though the stormy sea with the backdrop of lighting behind them.

Chapter eight: “A flask and a book and the future.”

Herzer stood up…
His arms and legs ached with weariness and his was thigh pieced by a broken piece of wood. He limped towards the outcrop of rocks to his left and looked upon the shattered remains of a small boat on fire, along with the mangled corpses of the remaining crew which made it with him though the storm. He opened his jacket and pulled out a flask and slowly drank from the contents and replaced it back in his inner pocket, Herzer also removed a book from his pants, and slowly flipped though the pages in search for something useful to his present situation. As he thumbed though the pages of his book he came to rest on an entry he had made several years ago of something similar to today’s events and something he had wished he had never see again. He looked upon the entry of one of his first exploration adventures and remembered the night in which he had watched his master’s ship being swallowed by the waters of the maelstrom and with that Herzer flicked onwards in his search…

The end

Hoped you liked my brief story on how Herzer’s life started in world of warcraft and I am sorry for any confusion as in how I typed this story or the context of how I wrote the words. Also I am sorry for any spelling mistakes or lack of grammar etc…
Also just to make sure you all know, at the beginning it seems as if I put Herzer on some beach somewhere and then in chapter two I’ve put it as if Herzer is lead to the event in chapter one. But really all that is happening is that Herzer is remembering the story of how he was a scared little boy and the story of his first main exploration adventure. In chapter 8 Herzer stops remembering and stands up because if you remember in chapter one he’s on the ground. And finally he gets his little book out and the reader is shown that this is the far future of what they have just read. I’ve done this because it leaves a gap in Herzer’s life so it could be filled with anything from a happier story to a more woeful one.

Thank you for reading, sorry if it bored you. xD

Extra facts:
• Fathos is the cousin of Herzer from a large family called “Morales”.
• Fathos’s mother is called Jesse and her body rests in Southshore graveyard.
• Jesse is Herzer’s dead aunt. And Herzer’s mother is Fathos’s dead aunt.
• The Morales family had family members in most of the Human city states in the past. I.e. Dalaran, Stromgrade, Azeroth, Lordaeron, Kul Tiras, Gilneas, Alterac.
• Family members also resided in Strathhome before it was destroyed.
• With the scourge plague a lot of family members were killed or never heard of again.

Herzer

Back to top Go down